Friday, June 14, 2013

Fabulous, Creative Journals!

So many of the modern quilters are using homemade journals to capture their quilting ideas.  This is not a new idea, but what fabulous, creative journals they are making!  I've made a couple, and received a great one from Nicci at Christmas time.
And then there was the one from a swap buddy (who now lives in Hawaii).
I recently received a journal from buttoncounter (flickr name) and she used Vanessal Christenson's tutorial on the V and Company blog.  Thought I would pass it on.
http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2010/01/tutorial-composition-book-cover.html

Here's a picture of the fabulous journal. 

 Look closely, those are hair ties linked to make the elastic closure! Brilliant!

Hope to see you all at the guild meeting, Saturday, June 15th, 2pm-4pm, at Strawberry Patches.

Pam (sewmama123)

1 comment:

  1. I love the embroidery on the cover! I hope you all have a great meeting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete