- Wool Club - Wednesday, November 6th @ Strawberry Patches
- Bernina Club - November 20th & 21st @ Strawberry Patches
- Susan Branch Book Signing - Thursday, November 7th, 1:00 pm @ Strawberry Patches
- Road to California Quilt Show - Ontario Convention Center; January 23-26, 2014
- Cotton Patch Quilt Show - February 8-9, 2014; Quilt entry deadline January 15th (you must be a member of the Cotton Patch Guild to enter)
- Table Runner Swap - Partner info was exchanged at September meeting; finished projects due December 14th
- October Sew In - next Saturday, October 26th @ Bolts to Binding from 10 am to 4 pm ***Note location change for this month***
- November Program - Pam will be giving a paper piecing demo. If you'd like to try your hand at paper piecing, bring your machine and some scraps.
Quilted Hugs Update
We've finished our first charity quilt!
Kara and Nicci showing off the quilt front....
The quilt pattern is Floating In Air from the August/September 2013 issue of Quilt Magazine. Thanks to our many helping hands, this quilt came together rather quickly. And a special thanks to Kara for doing the quilting and binding.
Show and Tell
Laura with her cute pot holders!
MaryKay's Civil War quilt made for her husband.
Loann's groovy Groove quilt.
(pattern available for purchase here)
Even the back is cool!
Groove in a different colorway.
Darla's gorgeous hand dyed, stamped, embellished, thread painted quilt.
Quilt made for Darla's daughter.
Another cute pillow from Pam.
Holley's tote bag.
Holly's finished quilt with a raw edge applique technique.
And another one!
Laura gave a presentation about The Modern Quilt Guild, along with highlights of the benefits, requirements, and costs of membership. In November, we will be voting to determine whether our guild will be applying for membership in The Modern Quilt Guild. (I will be emailing some info out to the group about this shortly.)
We also discussed the need for members to volunteer to serve as officers on next year's Board. The positions are President, Vice President, Secretary/Social Media Coordinator, Program Coordinator, and Treasurer. If you are interested in any of these positions, please send an email to BakersfieldModernQuiltGuild@gmail.com.
Sew In - Saturday, October 26th, 10 am to 4 pm @ Bolts to Binding
Next meeting - Saturday, November 16th, 2 to 4 pm @ Strawberry Patches
Thanks for a great meeting!